Philly Cheese-steak Meatloaf (Keto Friendly)
This is a great twist on the basic meatloaf. Those of us who have been on Keto for a bit, might be looking for a way to spice things up a bit, this is the perfect recipe to do it!
Philly Cheese-steak Meatloaf
Philly Cheese-steak Meatloaf with green bell peppers, onions and mushrooms topped and stuffed with Provolone Cheese.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings about 8 servings
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 small yellow onion diced
• 1 small green bell pepper diced
• 8 ounces brown mushrooms minced
• 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 2 pounds lean ground beef 80/20 or 85/15
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
• 8 ounces Provolone Cheese Slices
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet, add the butter and the onions and bell peppers, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
3. Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
4. Let cool for around five minutes.
5. In a large bowl add the ground beef, (no sugar added)ketchup,Worcestershire sauce, eggs, panko breadcrumbs and the cooled vegetable mixture.
6. Then add half the mixture to your loaf pan then add half of the cheese to the middle of the pan in a 2” wide section
7. Cover with the rest of the meat and form into a rounded top loaf.
8. Cook for 40 minutes, then pull out of the oven, cover with remaining cheese and put back in.
9. Cook for 15-20 minutes, let rest before cutting and Enjoy!
This is a great treat and you if happen to have any leftovers, you can put a slice on Keto Bread and a have a great Lunch the next day!
Thanks for Reading,